When working across so many different apps and websites it can be difficult to remember everything. So, being able to make notes on-the-fly, and pin them to a particular website can be super helpful. Since you spend most of your day working in Wavebox, it made sense to add a handy notepad extension to our browser.
Smart Notes work in Wavebox like a Chrome extension. The Smart Notes icon is always visible next to your other extension icons, so you can click on it to create a note for any app/tab you're working in.
Here are some key facts about Smart Notes:
- 📝 Multiple Notes - You can create as many Smart Notes as you like.
- 🔗 Linked to the Web - Each note auto-links to the URL your browsing at that time. You can also manually add other links to the note too.
- 🔔 Badge Notification - When you visit a linked URL, the Smart Note icon will display a number badge. Clicking on the badge will open the linked note in the notepad.
- 🔍 Search - The Smart Notepad itself is searchable. Smart Note contents will also appear in any general Wavebox search e.g. Quick Switch, Workspaces search widget.
- 🎨 Text Formatting - You can use Smart Notes as a regular notepad with basic formatting options including text size and formatted lists. Export is a text file currently, but we will be adding more options in the coming weeks.
How to use Smart Notes.
1.Click on the Smart Note icon to create a new note.
Whilst on the web page you want to make a note for, click on the Smart Note extension icon (in the address bar). The Smart Notepad will open, showing a new note with a URL tag for the page you're on. The Smart Note icon will also display a number badge to indicate you have a note for this page - clicking on it will open the note for that page.
2. Highlight text to create a note, or add to an existing note.
Highlight some text on a page then click on the Smart Note extension icon. If you're on a new page it will start a new note with the highlighted text. If you've already created a note for that page, it will add the highlighted text to that note.
3. Create a new note.
From the Smart Notepad you can add a new note by clicking on the + icon in the top-left corner. This will add a new 'Untitled' note. You can add a URL to the note by moving your mouse over the note in the left column and clicking on the kebab icon (three vertical dots), then choosing 'Link to a URL'. The URL tag will appear at the top of the note. To remove the URL, just click on the X icon in the URL tag.
4. Save & export your Smart Notes.
Smart Notes auto-save on-the-fly, so there's no need to manually save. To export the contents of a note, highlight it in the left column, click on the kebab icon (three dots), and choose 'Export to text file'. To delete a note, highlight it in the left column, click on the kebab icon (three dots), and choose 'Delete'.