Version 10.99.46 Released.
🆕 UI Update & New Features!
The team at Wavebox HQ have been busy working on a brand new UI for Wavebox which is slicker and smoother so you can work faster and be more productive than ever when working on the web. The results include a mix of awesome design and usability improvements plus time-saving new features.
Read the release blog to learn more about what's new in this update.
Here's a quick run-down of what's new...
- A brand new UI, which includes a unified tab strip & title bar, floating webviews with subtle rounded corners and shadows to make everything you're working on just pop.
- Rebuilt from the ground up, a new drag & drop experience that, among other things, lets you drag tabs from toolbar straight into the webdock.
- The webdock now has two modes, the List webdock (just your icons) and the Explorer webdock showing all your groups, apps and tabs on the left.
- Seamlessly toggle between the list webdock and explorer webdock anytime by using the button in the toolbar.
- Got lots of tabs to organize? No problem, easily create folders in the Explorer webdock to keep all your stuff exactly where you need it.
- You're no longer bound by the regular, compact & tiny webdock sizes, just use the drag bar for as much (or as little) webdock as you need.
- Wish you could create a new group without an app? Just hit the new group button and start adding tabs.
- Need the action buttons in the title bar, or prefer the extra space? You can now choose which icons you want and ditch what you don't.
- Always hitting compose, or creating new documents? Just hover over your favorite apps and check out the fast actions for Google Drive, or Gmail.
- Quickly get to what's new just by hovering over your apps. We've added your unreads, notifications, and other handy links into the tooltip menus.
- Customize your groups and apps directly from the right-click menus without ever needing to touch settings (try clicking on the title, icon or color).
- Check out the new tab Navigator. Cool little graphs and lists of what you've got running!
- Add Wavebox Smart Notes as an app so you can use it in the main window as part of any workflow.
- The dev team & ux team tell us that there are nearly a million other tweaks 😅🤔 but we don't quite believe them. Or maybe we do. You decide!
And there's more...
- Update to Chromium 99.0.4844.84.
- Update a bunch of other dependencies.
- Some big performance improvements from the new UI update, especially for machines that have integrated graphics.
- Add keyboard shortcuts for split/unsplit (this can be configured under settings).
- Opening wavebox://downloads in the main window could cause it to reload on startup, fix this.
- Fix a crash in the main window.
- Fix opening app settings not always scrolling the settings window to the correct location.
- When opening external links, Wavebox wouldn't offer the last cookie container when it was the default. Fix this.
- Tab counts would not show on groups with a single app, fix this.
- Capture a case where a partial update could cause the app to stop launching.