Calling all Virtual Assistants, Social Media Managers, and Agencies!
Wavebox—the #1 work browser—has many built-in features that transform how you work online. Say goodbye to juggling multiple browsers, and Chrome profiles, and say hello to organized tabs and real-time notifications.
We've nailed the tech behind multiple account sign-in so you can stay signed-in to everything and focus on work, rather than navigation.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
🎯 Create a web app group in the sidebar for each client.
🍪 Silo cookies by creating a new container for each client.
🔗 Add other web apps and resources for each client.
🔓 Safely sign-in to every account with badges and notifications.
1) Create a group in a new cookie container for Client ABC.
- Click on the + icon at the bottom of the webdock to create a new group.
- Right-click on the new group, and click on 'Untitled' to rename the group e.g., Client ABC.
- Staying in the right-click menu, click on the group icon to choose another from the icon library, or select 'pick your own' to upload an image from your computer.
- Finally, in the main window, click on the cookie container dropdown and select 'New cookie container.' Name the container Client ABC in the pop-up box and customize the icon as before.
You only need to create a new cookie container for a client if you need to stay signed-in to a web app account that is already signed-in to another account in Wavebox, e.g., Client ABC's YouTube, Client XYZ's YouTube, and your own YouTube.
2) Add all the apps you need for that Client ABC.
- In the Client ABC group, click on the blue 'Start with an App' button to open the App Store.
- Find the app you need and follow the simple wizard to add it.
- If you can't find an app in the Store, click the 'Add Custom App' option to paste in any URL e.g., Client ABC's business website.
- Click on the + icon in the top toolbar to add more apps. Then open any web links you need as tabs. The tabs will persist in the tabstrip until closed.
- Note that any 'new' apps and tabs you + add in this group are automatically placed in the Client ABC container.
- Sign-in to all the apps using Client ABCs credentials, saving them to the password manager as you go.
3) Repeat for each client or use the Duplicate option.
- Next, repeat the steps in (1) and (2) for all your other clients, so they each have a group in the webdock—nice and tidy!
- Or, if your other clients have the same apps as Client ABC, you can use the duplicate group option to add them quickly.
- Right-click on the Client ABC group icon and select 'Duplicate Group'.
- In the pop-up, click 'Create new cookie container' for this group. Creating a new container for the group ensures that all accounts stay sandboxed and correctly signed-in.
- Right-click on the duplicate group icon, then click 'Client ABC (Copy)' and rename it 'Client XYZ'.
- Sign-in to each app using Client XYZ credentials, remembering to save them to the password manager as you go.
- To customize the new cookie container, click on the container icon next to the address bar (top-right). Then click on the Settings Cog to open settings for that container.
- In Settings, edit the name of the container and upload an icon.
Some Extra Tips
Customizing Badges and Notifications
Apps in the top toolbar will automatically have red badges, displaying the number of unread (new) items. (Group icons show the total count for all apps in the group). They will also show notifications. You can customize how badges and notifications work for each app.
- If you choose to sleep an app to save memory (recommended), right-click on the app icon and go to Settings > App Settings > Accounts & Behaviour > Auto-Wake App in Background to keep your badge up-to-date.
- If you need badges and notifications always on, go to App Settings > Accounts & Behaviour > Sleep App > Uncheck Box.
- To customize the notification sound for each app, go to App Settings > Badges and Notifications > Notification Sound.
- Pop-out the Wavebox Mini to stay up-to-date with all unread badges and notifications for each app. Click on the Burger Menu (three lines top-right) > Wavebox Mini.
- In the Mini, click on the tab to see a 'Unified' list of all unread items, across all your apps, with the most recent at the top.
Mix Containers in a Group
- You can mix apps and tabs with different cookie containers in the same group. For example, you may want to include a Figma document— signed-in with your own work email—in a Client group.
- First, open the URL as a tab in your own container.
- Then right-click on the tab and select 'Move to Group'. The tab will move, stay in the original container, AND stay signed-in.
Edit the Home URL of a Custom App
- When using the 'Duplicate Group' option, you may need to edit the base (home) URL for custom web apps e.g. for a different client.
- To do this, right-click on the Custom App icon and go to Settings > App Settings. Then, scroll down to find the URL box and edit it.
Add Dividers to the Webdock
- If you're running out of room in the webdock, or like to keep things really tidy, why not try using dividers.
- Right-click on a group app icon in the webdock and select 'Add Divider'. The divider will appear above group. When you click on the divider, any groups below will collapse into it.
- To edit the name and/or remove the divider, just right-click on it.
Changing the Webdock Layout
- Try dragging the webdock so that the group names are also displayed.
- You can move group apps from the top bar to the webdock. They appear under the group icon and collapse into it when the group's not in focus. Right-click on the app icon in the top toolbar and select 'Move app to > Move app to webdock'.
Wavebox is a web app (SaaS) platform with Chrome built-in. It's designed for professionals and teams who work across many different SaaS apps for clients.
By installing Wavebox on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, you gain access to exclusive features such as advanced container and tab management. These features are designed to alleviate the hassle of navigating multiple SaaS and web app accounts for clients and foster a quicker, stress-free work environment.
Start your 7-day free trial of Wavebox to try it out for yourself. Thousands of VAs, creative agencies, and social media managers use Wavebox to save time and stay organized, so why not join them? https://wavebox.io/download